Monday, September 27, 2010

Functioning again!

When I go down, I go right down, but the good thing about me is that I do bounce back. It is hard for me to remember that and it is certainly difficult for me to cope with the level of radical change that I experience. At the moment I could do with a period of stability to re-organise myself, but I just don't think I am going to get it anytime very soon. It is not right to stop physiotherapy because we are at a critical phase just at the moment and stopping will only stall the inevitable things I have to deal with, whether I want to or not.

I think that the foot injury last Wednesday has caused a lot of the backlash that I suffered at the weekend. I was wearing some boots today and I had wide-spread ankle pain. I wasn't sure how my foot would cope in ballet, but although sore I was OK. My left calf had other ideas again during allegro. I think that when I speak to K she'll probably suggest I give allegro a miss at the moment. Even I realise that this is wise as it doesn't feel right at any level and with the left foot/ankle being vulnerable I am just asking for further trouble.

One thing that is abundantly clear to me is that movement helps me. I think bed rest if fine for an acute period, and when I am as fatigued as I was, there was no way I could imagine dancing, but if I cannot go to ballet then I must do some stretches or just go for a very little walk. Anything. My body feels better for having done ballet tonight, and although my upper thoracic and neck and right anterior chest feel nasty, the rest of me clearly benefitted. My thoracic is really sore (approx bra level), but this is where I now have more movement. I suppose it is sore because it is newly functioning. Anyway, will need K to look at this - the trouble is that I don't think K has enough hours in the day to deal with the backlash from me at the moment. I could almost do with seeing her twice a week - I do have Bowen at the end of the week - first real treatment for ages!!

Incidentally the cat is back on his usual hourly rate!

No comments: