Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Breaking Point

The poem below better describes what happened:

Breaking Point

I should have known it was going to happen
The day before I felt the warning signals;
A siren beeping in my leg
Just a minute!

In one space I am dancing fantastically,
My body is responding beautifully to all the instructions
Fluent, free-flowing and seamless sequences
My whole form extended in curvaceous lines.
Then.

It just snapped. I heard the tear.
The end grounded me, and I swept my body from the floor.
Pain seared in my calf, and I just wanting to howl.
All I could see was the wall and weeks of no ballet.

It is the end of the world, and is so unfair.
People crowd around who care, but they are really thinking, “thank God it wasn’t me”
My life changed in one second.
The point that broke my leg.

No comments: