Friday, November 28, 2008

On a real downer

As a student Dance Scientist, I should really know by now that fatigue and high quality performance in a ballet class do not go hand-in-hand. I woke up feeling utterly shattered and should have listened to my body and stayed in bed asleep, but no, I fought my way to class, and hoped it would wake me up, but instead because I was not on good form, I did very badly indeed and had a very unpleasant throbbing pain in my calf by the time we were doing travelling pirouettes.

I am feeling so fed up with this now, it is causing me to lose a lot of confidence in myself. It is true that in my Friday classes I do substantially more demi-pointe work at the barre - e.g. battement frappes, fondus, developes all on the demi-pointe, but I hate having to be careful and this then causes me a lot of tension.

The teacher commented very positively on how lovely my arabesque line is and how much better I am in my hips and lifting up, but it was hardly a compensation for another ruined class - I never even got as far as allegro today. I have to admit to shedding a few tears whilst the other 2 people in the class (there were only 3 of us!) were jumping - I just don't know when I will be able to dance 'with flow' again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

danazol 50 mg Gulp down the tablets with a glass of water. You should take this pill nevertheless long it is recommended for you. The most widely recognized symptoms of this medication include weight gain, going bald, voice changes, skin inflammation, and sporadic feminine cycle.