Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mental and Emotional Health

Something that has concerned me over the past few weeks is my mental health attitude towards classical ballet classes. It appears that I continue to be over anxious and get rather upset if I am unable to do a particular sequence. The Saturday class I attend is particularly difficult and therefore stressful to me. On the one hand, I could continue taking "beginner/elementary" level classes and be very good at them, but as other dancing friends keep saying to me, I need to get out of my comfort zone and I won't know what I can achieve until I try - even if I am all over the place and not very good in the higher level classes. I know I lack a lot of confidence and panic about the length and complexity of the enchainments, but I sometimes feel overwhelmed.

I am especially aware of links to my menstrual cycle and how "hormonal" I can become. This has an added effect on my behaviour in class.

Also, perhaps I should stop watching and comparing myself to others so much, or be quite so hard on myself. I am doing well in my own dancing right, and I need to focus on my own goals - for example to start attempting double pirouettes even if I have to hop around the second one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cisplatin 50 mg injection is a chemotherapy drug. You may have it as a therapy for various kinds of malignant growth. You may have it all alone or in the mix with other disease drugs or radiotherapy. It may generate severe kidney problems. Tell your doctor right away if you have blood in your urine, change in the commonness of urination or amount of urine, difficulty in breathing, drowsiness, advanced thirst, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, swelling of the feet or lower legs, or weakness.