Sunday, August 24, 2008

Improvements

I think I might have been a little hasty in emailing my physiotherapist to say that I was making absolutely no progress. I am really starting to feel the difference in the way that my turn-out is now being held and my gluts are much stronger. Subsequently my legs feel much more supported and secure at the top. There still needs to be a little more hamstring engagement than there is at the moment, but the adductors are working better and so my legs close much more neatly than before.

Best of all, I really don't think I am going into my hyperextension as much and the alignment of the leg looks better. Subsequently transference of weight from left to right looks much improved.

There still remains problems of not pulling out of the hips enough, and several teachers want me to lengthen my legs which I find difficult to understand. It is these two areas that will need development in my next lot of physiotherapy work. I would also like to be able to introduce a little more jumping, but given the remaining injury tendencies in 2-1 and 1-2 feet allegro, this may not be possible for a little bit longer.

I also think that my memory for picking up steps and remembering enchainments has really improved. I think this might be to do with having my menstrual cycle stopped and not having the negative influence of my hormones and emotions being in the way of my intellectual brain. Perhaps an interesting theory at least!

No comments: