Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Physio Update

I had a physio appointment with K today. It was great to be able to report that my calves had not been causing me pain and that I had done a little more jumping and more demie-pointe work. I do need to continue working on my gluteal exercise from last time, and in addition she gave me two new ones.

One exercise I have had before and it is about working on my hip flexors and involves small movements in the hip socket whilst lying supine with my leg supported. The second exercise involves lying prone with towels under my knee and is working hip extensors. Neither exercise should be causing me pain, but the moves are small and subtle stretches designed to improve range of movement.

K said I could do a little more allegro, but did not really want me doing a lot more since we really want to maintain present progress.

No comments: