Monday, August 1, 2011

Feeling Fantastic!!!

I feel fabulous and well and in a wonderful space. I don't think I have ever felt quite this well or good in all my life. I feel energised and positive, fit and healthy. If this is what being in good health means - then it is just amazing. I don't think I knew what it meant to be really thriving and well until now. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I am ready for new things and new people in my life. I didn't know life could actually be this good!

Physio was good  -  K did some work on my back, which was necessary as L4/5 was tight to the right. I now need to work to try and articulate the tight and "straight" area of my lumbar spine  - my hinge being at about L2. Below that is restricted and needs mobilising to take pressure of the L2 area. I need to do a pelvic tilt on standing with my knees slightly bend and standing against the wall, trying to retain a tiny curve in the more restricted area. I can also try this in sitting.

K did more calf work and I also need to try and do a soleus stretch. When I did this to the right it was instinctive and correct movement, but to the left, I rely on my right leg too much to support the movement that K asked me to do. Both this and the pelvic tilt are new exercises. I will continue with some of the neural dorsiflexion stretches, and can do any of my other exercises as I feel necessary.

K was pleased I had been swimming, and wants me to try and do this weekly. I think this is a realistic target. I can do this before work on some days of the week; Friday would be good as I do too much else early in the week.

Anyway, a good session and then a really nice ballet class this evening, but left calf - actually soleus - felt "dodgy" so did what felt "safe" to do, and wanted to do more, but knew it wasn't going to be sensible.

We have achieved sense and sensibility!

No comments: