Thursday, October 6, 2011

Huge improvements to sleep and bladder

I hadn't slept well since very early childhood - probably for the past 30 years. I am now 36. In the past few months I have had increasing periods of sleeping through the night without waking to need to use the bathroom. Sometimes things were so bad I was waking on average 6+ times per night to use the bathroom, or was simply not sleeping. The results have been disasterous and a complete lack of sleep, healing, repair or general brain function and sanity. No wonder sleep is a form of torture.

Physiotherapy, for reasons neither K or I are entirely clear about, has improved my ability to sleep so I am starting to reliably sleep through at least 2-3 times per week and on the less good nights only wake once or twice which would be fairly normal anyway. The improvements to bladder might be explained by stronger abdominals and pelvic floor, but also on work on the central and autonomic nervous system and work done via my neck. Sleep could be explained by work done on head and neck, but are as yet inconclusive. From my point of view, it doesn't matter. K and her work have had a revolutionary effect on my health and wellbeing for which I cannot thank her enough. http://www.watkinsphysio.com/index.htm

No comments: