Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Foreign Feeling...... Relaxation!

Over the past weeks I have felt... shattered. I thought it was fatigue. After last weekend's fantastic HMSA Residential Weekend, I am sure it was pure exhaustion, and then I finally realised something else. I had an epiphany yesterday when I felt so laid back I was almost fast asleep at 3pm in the afternoon.... at work. I realised that this wasn't just being tired anymore (although, tired I very definitely still am), but relaxed. I have not experienced "being relaxed" for so long I had long since forgotten what that sensation might be like. I have been running on adrenaline for months and months and now I think that the adrenaline has been depleted and therefore so am I, so the only thing I can now do is rest. It is hard not pushing myself to exercise, even harder when I have gained a bit of weight, but I realise I really have to rest because I cannot push myself any further - there is no adrenaline to do it and I need to give in, slow down, rest and relax. So I am. Enjoying myself in the sun, napping, seeing friends, but also drinking copious quantities of coffee are no longer having any impact - that is how I know I am completely adrenal depleted, and have to relax and rest.

No comments: