Sunday, September 7, 2008

Why first position is such a challenge


If you look at the picture of the pair of legs below, you might get a clue as to why I dislike first position, or why I find it so challenging. Part of it is because it feels as though I have to have my legs slightly bent to retain the look of a straight line and a close first, but the worst exercises of all are battement glisse en cloche, because I definitely have to slightly bend or relax my knees in order to allow the working leg to pass through first position. In ronds a jambe a terre, it is the same, and it just feels very awkward. Now that I have better adductor muscles and hamstrings, I can use these a little more to retain a more neutral line of the leg, but it is an additional thing to think about whilst dancing and sometimes it all just goes out of the window....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

daclatasvir 60 mg is an antiviral medication that is used to treat persistent hepatitis C in grown-ups and youngsters who are something like 3 years of age. It should be given in mix with other antiviral prescriptions. It ought not to be utilized alone.