Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blues and systemic diversity

I don't know. I don't get it and I don't like it (3 double negatives). As a Bowen Therapist, I am well aware of working holistically and that the body can respond at all tissue levels (including emotionally). I am also aware that we cannot just work on one body part because it has a holistic effect - but this can also be so incredibly diverse.

I saw K today and was very positive about my physio exercise and abdominal control (as per previous blog entries). K was aware that upper thoracic and neck need more work especially given my vascular responses. But today things seem even more off the wall than normal - even for me. K is good with respect to understanding 'less is more' and is much better than other physios I have come across thus far, in working holistically rather than treating the area of concern. However, the work she did today has gone to my calves  - this is beyond even my comprehension. I could cope with feeling sick for a bit after the session (we worked in upper back and neck), but calves - that is too strange. Additionally have had waves of heat (not unexpected), but also an unfortunate attack of the blues - feel that horrible gut-wrenching depression... :( Strange how the body reacts, responds and works. It has a logic all of its own - except my body, which defies logic.

No comments: