Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Upper Body Connections

On 18th August at my last physio review, K gave me two exercises for the thoracic spine and shoulders/upper back area. Both K and I knew that this was going to be a difficult area for me, and I had a big week of over-reactions coupled with a spell in hospital last week with an endometriosis flare up (but that is the story of a different blog!). Anyway, I think that there are some small improvements in the area and that I am somewhat encouraged by an area of great soreness at approx end of scapula level which is the area K and I are trying to wake up. I had the desire today when dancing to do some thoracic curves, which is a good sign.




I am on holiday and despite that are doing about half an hour of Pilates each day followed by half an hour of ballet. Today when I went straight into ballet I had a real sense of upper and lower body connection and that I could really “feel” my upper back and arms. Additionally my right leg is feeling more connected all the time. Despite the fact I over-react to treatment on a regular basis, I am making progress all the time, and some of it is really ground-breaking stuff for me.

No comments: