Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Another New Year and a chance to start afresh and full of good intentions, starting with an hour long walk with a ten minute run factored in for good measure. Yes! I wasn't able to manage more as I had been in bed with flu on and off for the past few days, so did what I thought was realistic without going too far. I even ran for the bus yesterday which is becoming a regular thing for me to do now. I am hoping that by the end of of 2012 I might be able to manage to run for 45 minutes or so. I have a long way to go yet but if I keep managing doing 2-3 jogs per week I might be able to build this up. Other considerations for more cardiovascular work involve becoming an organ donator - or cyclist and then of course there is swimming. Anyway, I am full of good resolve and was just starting to get into to some good habits at the end of 2011, so here is my chance to build upon them.

Further rehabilitation goals involve resolving bowel problems (left side very painful) and bladder issues. If these and sleep are fully dealt with, I would consider myself fully rehabilitated. It is difficult with something like endometriosis which is another separate medical condition and not exactly related to HMS - although there is considerable symptom overlap.

I wonder that if I conquer all my symptoms whether I just lose the status of HMS to 'Hypermobile.' I wonder with all my chronic pain and symptomatic overlap whether this is possible.....? I will always have faulty connective tissues, but can they be fully managed and tamed???!!! Not "Taming the Tiger" so much as "Taming the Tissue!"

No comments: